Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sneak Peek at Chapter Two




Below you’ll find a never-before-read excerpt from Chapter Two of Wolves and Men. Enjoy! 

(Pictures are not part of the book, but merely added for your enjoyment.)


...



It was five o’clock in the morning when I put on a cup of coffee. The sun wouldn’t be rising for at least two more hours, but here I was listening to the percolator and the light rain that hit the dining room windows. I laid the blank journal out on the table and turned to the first page. The blue ink painted the page in what I intended to be a bold, confident scrawl. I dated the entry at the top and then began writing below.

Had another one of those dreams. The face underwater with the light shining through and lighting it up in fractured lines and glowing prisms. It was a boy, maybe. Probably. A face I’ve never seen before. Not sure why he's following me or what this means. It wasn’t Gavin, at least not Gavin when I met him. Could it have been Gavin as a little boy? Today I intend to be better, to go places, to do things, and leave these dreams behind. 

I signed my name at the bottom and closed the journal with a sense of accomplishment. I poured my cup of coffee and ate my breakfast. Then I just sat there staring out the window and listening to the soft melody of rain pat-patting against the windows ahead of me. I took in that sound and the beauty of the rich reds, browns, and evergreens that stood before me like a very large, very elaborate painting created just for my enjoyment. And I suddenly had a good feeling about this whole refuge thing. I had a good feeling about Willow’s Bend. 

...






In the next week, the book’s cover will be designed by the talented Jesse Owen at www.10am.org. You can check out his website to see the kind of work he does and get a glimpse as to why we are so blessed to have this artist on board! He just arrived from a mission trip in Africa where he was busy pushing back darkness. Praise God! 

Also, we are looking forward to an early Fall release date, TBA soon! Things are really gathering up speed around here and we couldn’t be more excited. My husband and I are so blessed to be working with our indie publisher, Bee Creative, Inc., and look forward to so many exciting things in the near future! 

Did you know that you can follow   http://www.pinterest.com/natashawittman/pins-inspired-by-wolves-and-men-the-novel/  where there is a Wolves and Men board of pins? Yes! I often add to this board, pinning as inspired by the novel. Go check it out- I know you'll love it. :)


...




What do you think of the excerpt? 


Have you ever had a recurring dream and wondered why? 



No comments:

Post a Comment